A note to parents: The Web contains different kinds of material from many different sources. Ricker Memorial Library is not responsible for the content or accuracy of the information accessed. As with other library materials, restriction of a child’s access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
- MARVEL KIDS! – resources for kids from Maine’s Virtual Library.
- Great Websites for Kids – from the Association for Library Service to Children.
- KidsKonnect.com – a safe Internet gateway for kids.
- KidsClick! – by the School of Library and Information Science (SLIS) at Kent State University.
- AllSafeSites – a kid-friendly directory & search engine for fun, educational and most importantly, SAFE websites. Each site in our directory has been personally reviewed and recommended by an elementary school teacher.
Games / Fun
- Coloring.com – print coloring pages or color them online!
- Chateau Meddybemps – “uncommon amusements for grown-ups and children.”
- America’s Story – discover the stories of America’s past in a fun and entertaining way.
- School Time Games – over 200 games for learning and fun.
- FunBrain.com – free educational games, online books, and comics for kids ages preschool through grade 8.
- Speakaboos – listen to your favorite stories or make your own.
- Maine Kids – games, contests, fun projects, interesting facts and more from Maine’s Secretary of State.
Books / TV Related Sites
- Play @ American Girl – fun stuff from the company that publishes the American Girl books and magazine.
- Between the Lions – stories and games for young readers, from PBS Kids.
- KidsReads.com – reviews, trivia, and more for young readers.
- Maisy’s Fun Club – games, reading, crafts, and coloring with Maisy and her friends.
- The World of Beverly Cleary – fun and games for fans of the many books by the author of the Ramona series.